Whether you are expert in driving but you may also get vehicle breakdowns. There are many types of vehicle breakdowns like out of fuel, gas or diesel, tire puncture, car lockout, car jump start etc. Some of them can be easily resolve through others help. But for some breakdowns, you need expert help or you need get your vehicle at expert’s shop. For that you need to tow your vehicle at your nearest shop. Towing is not an easy task. It can damage your or make scratch on your vehicle. For towing purpose, you need to read some guidelines.
Here are some tips that help you in towing your vehicle successfully and safely.
- Know the weight of vehicle: – If you are falling in vehicle break down or helping someone in breakdown through towing, you must know the weight of the vehicle before towing. There should be balanced weight between both vehicles. If towing vehicle has a low weight than other, it may create troubleshooting in your engine. If the towing vehicle has a high weight than other, it may damage your vehicle while driving one place to other place. So, there should be balanced weight on both vehicles.
- Check your brakes:- Before, towing a vehicle with your car or trailer, please check your brake system. Brakes ever help in maintaining speed. Don’t use your brakes as paddles; it can be cause of overheating. When you are helping someone in towing his vehicle, you must know about your brake system. Always start with a responsible speed.
- Check your tires Condition: Before, helping others with towing services you must check your vehicle’s tires condition. We also recommend you to keep spare wheel in your vehicle. With this you can help others in resolving breakdowns. May be you don’t need to tow any vehicle.
- Check your mirrors: Basically mirrors are used to rear view but while towing a vehicle these will help you in maintaining the distance between both vehicles. So, before towing a vehicle, make sure you have side mirrors for rear view.
- Check your lights: According to the law of many states, your vehicle must have lights in working order. You may get a ticket from the police if you are not keeping them in working condition. In night time, if you are towing a vehicle, it is highly recommend keeping-on your lights of both vehicles. It will not only help you in lighting your way, it will also help others to give you pass or take a pass on way.
So these are some basic tips that help you in towing safely. In our next post, we will share about how you can jump start a car and battery maintenance tips.