Whether you are a professional or expert in driving, you can be face a low or dead battery problem. There are few reasons that help in creating dead battery problems like left the lights and music on, the keys in ignition or old battery. Most of people think that they’ve sufficient knowledge of car jump start. But they don’t know a jump start can be cause of serious injuries. So we don’t recommend you to do it yourself. Call a nearest roadside towing service provider for instant help instead.
Do you know if you are not 100% sure about car jump start, you may damage your & another vehicle. A car’s battery contains 700amp of current, and it is sufficient to set car on fire. Today, through this post, we are going to share some safety guidelines that help you in jump starting your vehicle. So read them before jump start your car or other vehicle.
- Make Sure You have a Dead Battery Problem: If your car is not starting, you need to make sure that you have a dead battery problem. To verify this, you need to check the headlights. If they are dim, you have a dead battery problem and if your headlights are bright than you don’t have a dead battery problem.
- Arrange another vehicle with working battery: Before going to car jump starting your vehicle, you need to arrange another vehicle to good conditional and working battery. You cannot do it without another vehicle.
- Read Owner’s Manual before Jump Starting: Before moving to jump start process, you need to make sure that your vehicle’s batteries are allowing you to do jump start. Because, some of battery manufactures are not allow jumping start another car with their batteries.
- Keep distance in both vehicles and put the both cars to off position.
- Before going to jump start your vehicle, you need to put on safety accessories such as gloves and eye glasses.
- Identify the positive and negative terminals of both batteries. The positive terminal will be in a read color with a sign of plus (+). And negative terminal will be in a black color with a sign of negative (-). Do not try touching them.
- Your positive and negative terminals have attached the red and black cables with a heavy duty clamps. Put off your jumper cables. Make sure they are not touching each others.
- Now connect the red cable to dead battery’s positive terminal and connect its end to live battery’s positive terminal.
- Now connect the black cable to the negative terminal of the live battery. Your black cable will have two ends. And connect its end to un-painted solid material such as bolts of dead vehicle. And also connect another end to unpainted solid material; you can use the alternator bracket to connect. Make sure these ends are connected with unmoving parts.
- Let them idle for few minutes. And then start the good vehicle.
- After 3 or 5 minutes start the dead battery vehicle. If it does not start then try again after two or three minutes.
- If it still doesn’t start, you may have a bad connection. Try to check all the steps again.
- If it starts, do all these steps in reverse order. Remove the black cables from the solid materials such as bolts, and then remove the black cable form negative terminal of good battery. Also remove the red cable from positive terminals of both batteries. Keep the engine of dead battery vehicle ‘on’ for 15 to 20 minutes.
Congratulations, now you can go wherever you want to go. So, these are some steps that help you in jump starting your vehicle. In case of any kind of help, you can call us.